Monday, October 12, 2009

Caroline lost her first tooth!! (Literally!)

Caroline's tooth had been loose for a while. Mom tried to pull it last week and it was not ready. As of Saturday, the tooth was just hanging there! She would not let me pull it! It blead while she ate banana pudding for goodness sake! So, just like every good parent, I tried reverse pshchology on her.

"Caroline if your tooth falls out in your sleep and you swallow it, the Tooth Fairy will not come! You will not have a tooth to give her. Then, you will not get any money."

"That's ok mommy, it will not fall out while I am asleep. Nanna can pull it tomorrow. I promise!"

So, Sunday morning, I woke Caroline up for church. I jokingly said, "Did your tooth fall out last night?" Oh my Lord.....it was gone! She reached up and began to panic!!!

"Now I won't get any money!!!" I looked all over for that tooth and could not find it anywhere! She swallowed it!

After rethinking ever using reverse psychology again....Caroline wrote a note to the Tooth Fairy explaining what happened. She asked her to please come back and bring her money for her "lost" tooth.

This morning there was $5.00 in her pillow! (That is the going rate for the first tooth only!) It's is only $1.00 after that! (Even the Tooth Fairy has a budget!)

1 comment: